Tuesday, March 8, 2011

How to do a journal entry

Today in class, we talked about the previous projects we had read. Then talked about the positive and negative things about the project, most of the conversation revolved around journal entries. For every wise project you are required to have a journal, or blog, as a way to keep you on focus and relay your thoughts. Well this is the goal of the journal and after reading and hearing about other journals I realized a few things to keep in mind.
1) Try and show enthusiasm in journals as it allows them to be entertaining.
2) State your ideas clearly, this is very important as it can be hard to decipher someone else's thoughts.
3)  Have entries regularly, the journals that we saw in a few were very sporadic and would sometime skip a couple of weeks.
4) Have pictures or momentous in the journal.
These are a few things that I found important and I should keep in mind when I write entries.
For the first one, I feel that if i incorporate all the hardships that I go through it should keep most journals pretty interesting.
The second one is something that I hopefully will be able to keep in mind further down the line.
The third one is important, if you skip weeks you leave a lot out and will make the reader confused about what you are doing espeicaly when you begin talking about activities that you did in the past, but did not have a journal entry on them.
For the fourth one it just is another way to keep the reader of the entries in on your project, so for every entry now i'll post a picture or two.

For the picture of above this is one section of my transect which runs through a dense beech undergrowth and what I believe to be a few beech and ash trees. I did not look closely yet. 
This is taken at the same spot as the one above just zoomed in a bit more, there was some ice rain the day before and it left this cool shot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment